Why I created a blog

Its been many years since I first created this blog. It has remained true to Essbase and related information over those years. Hopefully it has answered questions and given you insight over those years. I will continue to provide my observations and comments on the ever changing world of EPM. Don't be surprised if the scope of the blog changes and brings in other Hyperion topics.


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oracle Open World Day 3 (Part 2)

Financial Reporting 11.1.2 tips, Tricks and New Features presentation.

Tip 1. Create a rolling report. Use Range and Relative member functions along with CurrentPOV. Not a new tip, but useful none the less. It uses the Range of first period to the current period for then current year and current period to last period for prior year (or offset from the current period) for something other than a 13 month rolling report

Tip 2. Use conditional formatting to suppress rows or columns.

Feature Annotations. Users have the ability to create. reply to and remove annotations. Supports administration. IT is also available from Workspace. It uses a little icon to show the annotations and similar to Linked reporting objects it pops up a dialog to create or manage them. It was also told that Cell Text from HFM and LROs from Essbase are available as read only.

I’m afraid I had to leave part way through the session to meet with a client so I can’t comment more in it.

The rest of the day was spent meeting with people. If noting else Open world is a great place to connect with people.

This is the first year I actually attended the customer appreciation event. It was really interesting. Where else would you see Berlin, Black Eyed Peas, The Steve Miller Band and Montgomery Gentry on the Same Bill. The event was held on Treasure Island with an indoor and outdoor stage. Black Eyed Peas was definitely the main attraction with SRO. While it is really not my taste in music, if was an energetic and interesting show.  IT really is more a show tan a concert. In addition to the concerts there was food. I have to admit that that part was not my favorite. hot dogs are not my favorite food. 

I left back to my hotel around 11:30 and it took aver an hour to get there on the shuttle bus. Traffic getting off the island was jammed. I want to go to a 9:00 session in the morning. I hope I make it!

No comments: