Why I created a blog

Its been many years since I first created this blog. It has remained true to Essbase and related information over those years. Hopefully it has answered questions and given you insight over those years. I will continue to provide my observations and comments on the ever changing world of EPM. Don't be surprised if the scope of the blog changes and brings in other Hyperion topics.


Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Sad News for Essbase



While I try to be upbeat in my posts, today I'm afraid I can't. Oracle and the Essbase world lost a great friend. I just learned that Carol Crider from Oracle support has passed away.

I first met Carol when Hyperion called me to try to save a Planning implementation. I was given Carol as as my technical resource to help solve issues. She was kind, patient and gave me great recommendations and followed up quickly on issues I was having.  She knew the internal working of Essbase better than any support person I knew and was always willing to help.  She was the Essbase Goddess and would correct me when I misspoke.

At the KScope in Long Beach, I was doing a session on Essbase optimization and she walked in and sat in the front row. I got so flustered, afraid of getting corrected, I fumbled through content I thought I knew by heart.  She and I would later laugh at it. I think it amused her that she should would be so highly regarded.

Fast forward to this year's KScope in Florida. I saw her and she was her chipper self, concerned with the reputation support was getting and talking about how to improve it.  She said she was doing well and we had a few nice talks.

To hear the news, was really a shock.  I have information on the service this Saturday (Sep 8th) . I don't want to post it publicly , but if you want it email at gschwartzberg@interrel.com  Correction, per Carol's wishes, there will be no service and the family requests no flowers be sent.  If I hear about a charity, I will update this later


I'm not sure what you will be doing Carol as there are no bugs in software in Heaven. Take a long needed rest perhaps?
Carol Crider
Please know you will be missed

No comments: