Why I created a blog

Its been many years since I first created this blog. It has remained true to Essbase and related information over those years. Hopefully it has answered questions and given you insight over those years. I will continue to provide my observations and comments on the ever changing world of EPM. Don't be surprised if the scope of the blog changes and brings in other Hyperion topics.


Thursday, December 18, 2014

Essbase Config file changes

Throughout time, I have come up with a list of Essbase configuration file settings that I typically use in my implementations. As the versions come out, new settings are added and it appears in the 11.1.2.3.5X versions a bunch of new setting are there, or at least I now noticed them.

Some of the new settings I’ll be adding to my list are

DIMBUILDERRORLIMIT – signifies the number of error rows during a dimension build. This is similar to the DATALOADERRORLIMIT Both has a maximum of 65K rows

ENABLERTSVLOGGING – Logs Run time variable usage in log files

ESTIMATEDHASHSIZE – Specifies in millions the number of member name and aliases loaded in memory for outline maintenance. While I don’t know for sure, I think this is meant to allow up to open really big ASO outlines.

ENABLESWITCHTOBACKUPFILE – enables the automated switching to the backup security log file if the Essbase.sec file gets corrupted. Looks good for automated recovery.

SSINVALIDTEXTDETECTION – Controls if an error is shown when a user enter in text that could cause Essbase to misinterpret the the data. Especially useful for asymmetrical grids.

 

There are a lot more settings that have been added over time. Take time to go back through the tech reference and read each setting. Some have changed like SSPROCROWLIMIT) other have been removed and many more added. Stay current and adjust your systems accordingly. Remember, many settings require a Essbase server restart to take effect.

No comments: