Why I created a blog

Its been many years since I first created this blog. It has remained true to Essbase and related information over those years. Hopefully it has answered questions and given you insight over those years. I will continue to provide my observations and comments on the ever changing world of EPM. Don't be surprised if the scope of the blog changes and brings in other Hyperion topics.


Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Kaleidoscope detailed agenda is now available

They just published the detailed agenda for Kaleidoscope at Kaleidoscope Agenda . What I want to know is why all of the presentations that I want to go to are always scheduled when I am presenting. The Best Practices for Performance, Scalability, and Reliability with Oracle BI Enterprise Edition from Mike Duran on Tuesday conflicts with my "MDX Basics, practical coding examples". IT will make it hard for people to choose which to go to.

Then on Thursday Edward Roske's Integrating Essbase and OBIEE: Implementing in the Real World conflicts with my Essbase configuration settings presentation. I would go to Edward's presentation. Finally my Load Rules Basics to advanced conflicts with Matt Milella's Convert Legacy Add-in Solutions in VBA to Smart View VBA or .Net. I really wanted ot go to this one. If everyone in my session goes to Matt's session, I can skip mine and go as well. I'm sure that won't happen, so I'll be presenting. I think mine is a good presentation I just finished putting it together and it has a little bit for everyone. It truly is Basics to Advanced.

As I said before, there is too much great content at the conference and you will not be able to attend everything you want to, but for most presetations the slides will be available. For my presentations, at some point interRel consulting will allow me to present them during their tuesday and Thursday webcasts.

No comments: