Why I created a blog

Its been many years since I first created this blog. It has remained true to Essbase and related information over those years. Hopefully it has answered questions and given you insight over those years. I will continue to provide my observations and comments on the ever changing world of EPM. Don't be surprised if the scope of the blog changes and brings in other Hyperion topics.


Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Exciting news about the ODTUG Kaleidoscope Conference

I just got word that the ODTUG Kelidoscope has confirmed John Kopke for it's Keynote address and Robert Gersten for the Sunday Hyperion Symposium Keynote. In addition, there are hands on sessions planned for OBIEE, ODI, Essbase Studio and Creating your first Java Essbase application. (Standard disclaimer, this is all subject to change). I believe there will also be a "Midnight Madness" for old people (it starts at 8:00 pm.) where you can bring your tough questions to the Essbase Aces and get them answered.

While I realize budgets have been cut this year in many organizations, this is such a good conference with so much in-depth information, it is something you should not miss even if you pay for it yourself. All the cool nerds will be there including all of the Oracle Ace and Ace Directors in the BI space. Last year we were a minority of the coference with one track, this year there will be four tracks including the hands on. You could not pay and get this much training in one week.

While this might sound like an ad, and is some ways it is, if I did not believe this is the best technical Hyperion based conference to go to, I would not be talking about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pay for it ourselves? Are you f'ing crazy? Have you not heard about how terrible the economy is right now?

GlennS said...

Yeas I'm serious. Especially in this economy. The value you receive from this conference is worth it. It is far cheaper than any traing you can attend and you get more out if it. This is true espeically if you have some knowledge in the product already. I could not afford to pay for all the training I got last year. This year with the hands on labs, it will be invaluable.