Why I created a blog

Its been many years since I first created this blog. It has remained true to Essbase and related information over those years. Hopefully it has answered questions and given you insight over those years. I will continue to provide my observations and comments on the ever changing world of EPM. Don't be surprised if the scope of the blog changes and brings in other Hyperion topics.


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Too much content at Kaleidoscope

I has looked over the Hyperion sessions at Kaleidoscope and decided which ones I wanted to go to (between my presentations), but now my selections have become muddled. I was reading Mark Rittman's blog and he announced some of the sessions in the BI track that deal with OBIEE. There are a number of great session there that deal with Essbase. Like Oracle Business Intelligence Applications Essbase Integrator and Oracle® Hyperion Smart View for Office, Fusion Edition (This one is from Toufic Wakim). How Mark got him to talk in his track instead of the Hyperion track, I don't know. but I'll bet the information will be good.

You can see the details of these presentations and more at
http://www.rittmanmead.com/2010/03/02/obiee-content-at-odtug-kaleidoscope-2010/


As for my mini-quiz question, A number of people quickly got it (Google is many people's friend), The first conference was called Arbor Dimensions and it was help in 1995 at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco(Getting ready to be a part of the future Open World I guess). They quickly outgrew that location and the following conference was at the Westin in Santa Clarita. and soon following at the convention center.

I will have a more technicl question for the next quiz. Thanks to those who responded

No comments: