Why I created a blog

Its been many years since I first created this blog. It has remained true to Essbase and related information over those years. Hopefully it has answered questions and given you insight over those years. I will continue to provide my observations and comments on the ever changing world of EPM. Don't be surprised if the scope of the blog changes and brings in other Hyperion topics.


Monday, December 19, 2022

Essbase EssCLI Session Expired Please log in

 This will be a short post about a problem I encountered and the resolution. 

A client had just been upgraded to Essbase 21.4 from 21.3 on OCI and the automated backup script we created using EssCLI started failing with a message "Session Expired Please log in". I don't know if it matters but their instance uses IAM instead of IDCS.

Trying to just login with EssCLI would login and then give the same message (failing). 

 We tried a number of things and got Oracle support involved. Nothing any of us did would work. We could log into the Essbase instance Web UI with the ID with no issue, but through ESSCLI we couldn't. 

Most of the time we were cutting and pasting the ID and password into the command. Finally one time I manually typed it and it logged me in. Another person tried and it failed. Then I noticed the difference. the id they were using was essprodadmin   and I had typed in EssProdAdmin which is how it was set up in IAM.

Somehow in 21.4 EssCLI the case of the ID makes a difference.  

Hopefully if you encounter this issue, this will help you solve it quicker than I did. 

No comments: