Why I created a blog

Its been many years since I first created this blog. It has remained true to Essbase and related information over those years. Hopefully it has answered questions and given you insight over those years. I will continue to provide my observations and comments on the ever changing world of EPM. Don't be surprised if the scope of the blog changes and brings in other Hyperion topics.


Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Essbase 11.1.2.2 Documentation

While I am not the first to notice this, the 11.1.2.2 documentation is now on the web. For how long I don’t know as it was pulled once before. You can get to it from http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26232_01/index.htm

With the documentation out, the release can’t be far behind. I’ll be looking through it and highlighting some of the cool new items soon.

Update, I found out yesterday the software for Essbase is available as a patch. Go to Support.Oracle.com, log in and go to patches and updates.

Search on the product family Hyperion Essbase and version 11.1.2.1 and you will see

image

I almost have the changes for the Essbase Studio book done, so it will be available for 11.1.2.2 soon as well.

I find it interesting that they just released the Essbase/Essbase Studio and supporting items (shared Services, EAS) but not Planning, FHM or other products all together. I think that This was holding up the release of Exalytics so they released this now. OBI was released last week so everything is in place for Exalogic.

Stay tuned

No comments: