Why I created a blog

Its been many years since I first created this blog. It has remained true to Essbase and related information over those years. Hopefully it has answered questions and given you insight over those years. I will continue to provide my observations and comments on the ever changing world of EPM. Don't be surprised if the scope of the blog changes and brings in other Hyperion topics.


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kaleidoscope changes

For those of you are my groupies (I guess the whole post is for Cameron) and signed up for all my presentations at Kaleidoscope, I have a change for you. Edward Roske and I switched a session. I will now be presenting "Essbase Studio Tips and tricks" on Wed at 9:45 and Edward will be presenting "Configure it out" on Thursday at 9:45. All of you Roske groupies can change your schedule to listen to his dry sense of humor. The switch made sense to us, I'm almost done putting together the presentation and I think it has some good content. A word of warning, if you read the abstract on the the Kaleidoscope website you will get a little confused. They did a good job of updating who the presenters are, but in the abstract is still says Edward is presenting.

Wow, after my initial posting, I found that I've been added to another session. This time with Edward Roske and Tracy McMullen. It is on Tuesday at 9:45 and is called "Ask interRel's gurus, More fun that a barrel of monkeys".So for this session you don't have to choose between Edward and me. Actually if it works like normal, Tracy will answer the questions and Edward and I will make snide or off topic comments. What I want to know is how fun is a barrel of monkeys? One would think they would get rather annoyed being packed together. I do think it will be interesting, we never know what will happen. I typically end up learning new things at these sessions from the audience.

Cameron on his blog has posted the sunday symposium and it looks like the topics are interesting and meaningful. I am anxiously waiting to see what is new, exciting and on the roadmap.  You can find the agenda here at http://camerons-blog-for-essbase-hackers.blogspot.com/2010/05/kalidoscope-2010-symposium-agenda-is_18.html

If you are not signed up to go, what are you waiting for? If you miss this conference, you miss so many technical presentations that you will fall behind. I would say this is where all the cool kids will be, but to be more accurate, this is where all the geeks  and nerds will be. (I'm proud to be a geek or is it a nerd?). All of the Oracle Aces in BI except for John Goodwin will be there presenting. I'm still hoping John comes out. If he does, he will get very drunk as a lot of us owe him drinks for help in one thing or another.

I'm not sure anyone ever notices it, but I think the coolest thing on my blog is the useless knowledge box that appears on the lower right hand side, you might need to scroll down to see it. I come to my blog just to see the trivia. Of course some people say my whole blog is useless knowledge, but that is a different story

1 comment:

Cameron Lackpour said...

My disposable (is there any other kind) lighter is held aloft, swaying back and forth above my head, in contravention of all applicable fire codes.

GL-ENN

GL-ENN

GL-ENN

The crowd is getting restless. You better come on stage soon.

:)

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour